- Quick Muesli is a great healthy snack that satisfies hunger and helps boost energy.
- Whole oats are packed with fiber and contain energy-boosting carbohydrates.
- Cinnamon is an antioxidant-rich spice that can help fight of damage in your body.
- By combining nutrient-packed ingredients this recipe is a good any-time snack.
If you’re like our clients, you want to know what you can do to boost your energy and feel your best. We hear ya. We want to feel our best too! That’s why we love to create recipes that are easy to make, healthy, delicious and great for boosting energy.
One of our all-time faves is our Quick Muesli. Best of all, although it may be a traditional breakfast food, healthy foods are good for you no matter what time of day you eat them. So go ahead and have it for a light, yet satisfying lunch or for a scrumptious snack.
Aside from tasting like a real treat, we love this Quick Muesli (recipe below) for its wholesome ingredients and how it contributes to your energy level:
- Whole oats: Oats are the whole grain so they’re packed with fiber and contain healthy, energy-boosting carbohydrates needed to fuel your brain and your muscles. Plus, oats are a great source of magnesium to help to turn your food into energy. Goodbye, energy slump!
- Oranges: They’re loaded with vitamin C which not only helps fight colds, but it’s a potent antioxidant that mops up free radicals that could otherwise lead to chronic diseases over time. Since vitamin C keeps your body healthy, you can spend less energy fighting off disease and preserve your energy for other things, like exercising and spending time with those you care about. Plus, oranges rev you up because like oats, they contain energy-boosting carbohydrates.
- Raisins: These sweet little bundles are another fiber-filled, energy-providing carbohydrate. But, raisins have iron as an added bonus. So they’ll help contribute to your iron needs and fight exhaustion. People who are low in iron feel tired. Women in particular are susceptible to low iron levels.
- Non-fat plain yogurt/ Greek yogurt: Not only is it a great source of calcium, but it’s packed with protein too. Yogurt is rich and creamy and extends the energy boost from oats, oranges and raisins, while also keeping you satisfied.
- Almonds: A good-for-your-heart fat, almonds also add a delicious crunch. They contain both fat and protein, which helps to satisfy and make the energy boost last longer.
- Cinnamon: A sweet, delicious and antioxidant-rich spice, cinnamon helps to fight damage in your body so you can feel good and have energy to do the things you enjoy. Feel free to pile it on like we do. The more you use, the better. Cinnamon has even been shown to help keep blood sugar levels in check. One to one–and-a-half teaspoons daily seem to be helpful.
Quick Muesli (Makes 1 serving)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain oats (For a heartier meal, double the oats to 4 tablespoons)
- 1 orange, sectioned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 6 ounces non-fat plain or non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 chopped almonds
- Dash cinnamon – or more if you like!
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
Have you ever made muesli? Which ingredients do you include?
Share This Post: